A blog from University of Borås

Monday, August 6, 2012

Canada vs. Sweden: Energy and environment?

Canada and Sweden are both located somewhere in very cold part of the world, and they have many similarities. However, when it comes to the energy consumption and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, Canada and Sweden are quite different. Canada produces 3 times GHGs more than what Sweden do (c.f. picutre below). I think Cananda needs to accelerate energy saving programs.

One of the aspects that I got a surprise is about the energy consumption in the houses. I saw even in the fine hotels, they use aluminium windows with one layer of glasses, while in Sweden, we are using 3-layers windows since 1980s! I believe Canadians pay a lot for the energies in the winter to warm up the houses, as their windows are perfect to loose the energy!


(GHGs emission of different countries according to IEA)


(Photo of a window at a hotel in Canada with one-layer glass and aluminium)

1 comment:

  1. The info you provide on this website has helped me tremendously. I think Canada shall scale up their energy program in the future. Thank you for all of your time & work.

    Rodeo Sports

    ReplyDelete